Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Getting to Go to the Bathroom

I've always said that my ONE requirement for my dream job is to be able to go to the bathroom, whenever I wanted. In my current profession, that is not possible. I cannot leave them alone and often they stay after the bell. Sure, there are five minutes between classes, but once someone asks about the homework, or has to tell me why they didn't do their homework, or why they can't do their homework, or about their dog and their homework, or about the their critical analysis of why the homework was too hard to do (usually longer than the actual homework) . . . well, you could see how that five minutes could go quickly. Plus, I teach multiple subjects in multiple rooms, so I'm walking to class too.

Students, they get passes. So they can go to the bathroom during class. There is no pass for me. I'm stuck. So I have to plan my liquids carefully.

Today, I visited my dream job. Princess has left us to go to the land of milk and honey . . . of unlimited free coffee and hot chocolate . . . the land of going to the bathroom whenever. You could go just to check your lipstick. It was wonderful. The internet was not blocked in weird ways. No one was screaming. I could concentrate and focus and not have to tell anyone to sit down. It was a lovely day. I'm now presenting two things, instead of one and have even more work to do, but it was still a lovely day.

So I have to go get my PhD. and become an educational consultant. My new life goal. They get to go to the bathroom whenever they want.

No comments: