Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pay it . . . well . . . backward

"Sorry to make your head explode . . . but I figured since you always do that to me, I'd pay it forward."
"Pay it forward? Aren't you supposed to be doing something positive when you "pay it forward"?"
"Yeah, well . . . I'm changing it up."
"You can't 'change it up' . . . what, I now have to make three other people's heads explode? (with the information I give them?) Well, fine. I'll 'pay it forward' to you soon and make your head explode."
"You do that all the time anyway . . . and that won't be paying it forward . . . "
"Okay, well, I'm paying the negativity backward then . . . we can just loop for a while."

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

Yeah, well . . . I make Mary's head at least hurt about once a week, sometimes more, with my antics. Seems fair that she make mine hurt once and a while.

Love that she occasionally slips in "yeah, I thought I'd change it up" about random things . . . like the concept of paying it forward. It's always about something you so CAN'T change up too.