Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Universe Conspires

It has been the days of cancellation . . . R perhaps thought more clearly and cancelled tonight. (R being formerly known as RBBF. Yes, he has a name) And perhaps it is all for the best.

M36 called tonight while walking his dog. Very nice, and has a dog, so has some sense of responsibility. Answered all 39 questions quite reasonably and has a job. In fact, has a master's degree. So I might meet him. Maybe. Quite a jump from my usual fiasco, but we grew up in the same town, so we have that goin' for us. Plus he throws poker "tournaments"? There must be other boys there if he doesn't work out.

Trying very hard not to jump ahead in my mind. Don't have to have any expections, right? And R just makes me think of RB. Which is not his fault, but I just don't want to loop there anymore. He is the nicest guy on the planet. Wrong place, wrong time. Kinda my story, all the time. And glad he cancelled. It would have been fun to hang out, but complicated . . . and I'm so done with complicated. Want simple. Attracted to complicated, but want simple. No more imaginary rock stars . . . just boys walking their dogs and taking their dads to poker tournaments.

And yet, the universe still conspires against me . . .

No comments: