Saturday, January 06, 2007

But look at the paint

I have press credentials for the Auto Show and I'm taking it very seriously. I'm hoping to get a guest column somewhere . . . at least my brother's website (see link: Dave's car thingy). And although I despise the hype that the Detroit media foams up every year, I'm now, very slightly, part of the club. Almost makes me want to stalk Christian Slater for a picture. But not really.

Maybe there will be free food. And pretty paint colors.

So expect pictures of pretty paint colors . . . and any free food . . . in the next few days. My brother is wireless, so I can post from anywhere. And this will frustrate Mr. Crabbypants (also part of the family press corp) because he really wants me to appreciate the cars, the actual cars and their pieces parts. Their engines and exhaust systems. And I just "ooooh" at the paint. Sometimes the design. Ultra-frustrating is when I am fascinated with the booth . . . and don't even look at the car. Both D and Mr. Crabbypants hate that.

So it should be interesting, the right brain vs. left brain perspective of the family fun time.

No comments: