Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Sweetie, Let Mommy Finish Her Martini"

I've been reading too many magazines while working out at the Y . . . and I'm turning into one of those Salinger female archetypes, the ones who actually care about things in magazines. As proof of this, I have started writing down everything I eat . . . because Instyle or Cosmo or whatever other drivel was in the rack told me to. Told me it was a great idea because, then, you will think about what you eat. And we all need to think very hard about what we eat.

I don't want to think about what I eat. At least not in any detail, unless the details include "and it was incredibly yummy." But here I am, writing down my food. Because I read about it in a magazine. Shit, it's such a girl thing. I think the idea behind the whole thing is that you will think twice about eating that cheese danish . . . that yummy calorie filled cheese danish . . . if you have to write down that you ate a cheese danish. And you know what? I did think twice.

If I start talking about my pores or start complaining that I don't have a date on a Friday night, please come and bring the deprogrammers.