Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Learning Curve

If you look at life like a learning process . . . and although M2 disputes that I've learned this . . . well, there are people in your life that you decide are . . . and I'm trying to put this delicately . . . unhealthy . . . or more to the point, out and out crazy, or evil, or bad mojo. Whatever, you don't want to be around them, or need to be around them. And it took me a long time to figure out the difference between interesting and toxic.

And yes, M2 is right. I prefer to think of myself as in search of interesting people, people who think outside of the box, but M2 is right. Some of them are just crazy. (But then again, I'm having a theme name problem right now {2 R.s, 2 C.s} and we had a whole discussion about the negative connotation that someone had just because he had the same name as RB. And I can't dismiss someone just because he has the same name. That's not his fault anyhow. He didn't choose it. But I digress.)

Let's just say that I don't like to judge people . . . right away anyhow.

So when I get a note on myspace from an old high school acquaintance, who doesn't know who I am because there is nothing identifying me on myspace, I have to pause. She said that she thought my profile was cool . . . and she probably found me by searching the Alumni part of myspace. However, in high school, she was nuts . . . I vaguely recall. Had a good sense of style. And I think there was a rumor that she killed herself after high school.

So I click on her profile and the first thing I see? Another former friend of mine, who is mad as a hatter, is listed as one of her friends. We didn't go to high school together, so interesting how things are connected, but yeah . . . I wouldn't trust N. with a plant that I didn't like. So no happy reunion. Learning curve.

Of course, I didn't see any of this until I sent H. a perky little note. So must look at profile before emailing perky little notes. Learning curve.

And now M2 would say something about how my profile attracts the insane.

No comments: