Saturday, January 27, 2007

Getting Stood Up for an Independent Film

I think. To his credit, I don't even know if my phone is in the house, or in the car. Should go check.

(check) It's on the kitchen table.

This morning I was lounging. Didn't get up with the alarm. Did some stuff on the computer. The im thingy pops up with my brother.

"You coming? Should we pick you up?"

Pick me up for what? Shit. Z.'s class. I promised that I would go. And I when I made the whole stay at home and clean plan, along with the "date" plan, I had this funny "forgetting something" feeling.

"Yeah. Don't pick me up. I'll be there, but late."

Have to go get my shots. Go and work out, so there will be no workout guilt. And this will be great because the guy I'm meeting is somewhere near the class, so we can just meet there. But then have the problem of getting dressed for a date AND getting dressed to go to Z.'s class . . . and merging the two. Black turtleneck sweater. Jeans. Boots. Pink scarf. Pleather motorcycle jacket. Make up casual but on my face (and a bit too pink, once it was all said and done). Trying for Audrey Hepburn. Probably more looks more Joan Jett. Going for the dressed but not looking like I thought about it . . . even though I did. And no heels, because I couldn't explain heels in the snow.

Get to the place with Z.'s class only an hour and twenty minutes late. We go to Traffic Jam and Snug for lunch and have fried dill pickles. Then we take Z. to the DIA again and he goes through all the same rooms but looks at different paintings. Poor Z., he has that damn aunt with an art degree that keeps asking him questions about what he thinks about the art. (insert eye roll here)

Guy said that he would call sometime around five. The DIA closes at five. So I had nothing else to do . . . and so drove home. Now I may take my paper and go to Starbucks for some crack-like latte, because I can't take a nap with the makeup on and I would have to change clothes to clean. But it's after five, and so there is no free parking for crack lattes. And my sweater keeps riding up in the back. And I'm sure he will call . . . you can't plan on when your independent film will stop shooting. But it just would have been more convenient if he had called while I was already down there. But it would have been more convenient to sit on my couch instead of going to Z.'s class . . . and I could have said "no". But I had made the commitment last week.

But if he doesn't call in the next hour, I am so going to sleep.

No comments: