Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Keeps me off the Streets?

It's just Tuesday and already Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are booked . . . solid. And don't get me wrong, I like to be busy. I am at my best when I am slightly overscheduled. Otherwise, I think too much . . . and get caught up in the thinking.

College: worked two jobs and took 21 credits a term (ah, the dual major) . . . and somehow partied like a rock star . . . and made grades. No cracks about being an art major.

Early career: worked at the restaurant because my "real" job wasn't paying the bills. Worked 8 to 4 at real job, Wednesday night, Friday and Saturday at restaurant.

I think I'm back to that with the two classes plus the yearbook advising.

For those of you are interested, in my oh, so exciting life:
Thursday: Class -- get to hang with the Nikon twins again! And sit next to tattoo guy.
Friday: Magic Bag. Friend of a friend's band.
Saturday: Work meeting, that I am running and then DIA (quick like bunnies), auto show and Layfette Coney Island (which I SWEAR I have NEVER been to . . . not even with Grandpa Don . . . you people, you never brought me along on those trips)

I'm very excited about crossing the threshold of the famed Layfette Coney Island. Maybe I was there when I was three, but I don't think so. I'll see if anything looks remotely familiar.

And I have exams to write. And books to buy for classes. And maybe I should make an agenda for the meeting on Saturday.

Anyhow, the point was: I really just want to fall asleep on the couch.

No comments: