Saturday, November 25, 2006

At 5 percent

I took it as a sign when my Mp3 player died today. And now, itunes (damn itunes) is converting all my WMA files . . . and I'm only 5% done . . . and it's been an hour . . . and it's workin' on midnight.

As an extra added bonus, I'm not sure if I just copied 20 gigs worth of music (thus making 40 gigs on my strained hard drive) . . . so do I have to choose which files to keep on WMP? Should I have just selected certain things (the songs I wanted on the Nano to run tomorrow) instead of hurting my computer's head? So many questions . . . and not focused enough to read the manual. Didn't even realize that I didn't sign anything in order to take the thing out of the store until I was half way home. All those pretty, shiny, candy like things . . . and the eye candy employees. Doesn't help that I have a thing for arty computer geeks.

I haven't even opened the box and already I've ruined my computer. I guess I let the convertor play out all night and see if my computer works in the morning. Right now, it's lagging while I type . . . about three letters behind. Very distracting. Maybe I'll just dump the WMP files . . . don't have an MP3 player to plug into that. But the cute boy at the store really should have mentioned that I was about to lunch my computer. Damn Apple.

Please realize that I don't even have all my music loaded on this thing. Silly me, I only loaded the songs I liked off of certain CDs when I started.

Oh, and I so bought the new Damien Rice CD. Told you. And that's it, no more shopping . . .

No comments: