Sunday, November 19, 2006

Brothers and Sisters

My mother and father have been babbling about this show, Brothers and Sisters, for weeks now. I think there are a couple of comments on this about it. I had watched the first episode but then ignored it . . . I don't watch television much anymore. But since my eyes were almost bleeding and I'm putting off work that I need to do for tomorrow, I turned the thing on.

I only watched a half an hour . . . and despite the emotional manipulation (the father flashbacks, very sad), Ken Olin really does need to start paying us royalties for spying on us. I promise that the pie will not look like that this year. I'm not excited enough to turn on the T.V. every Sunday . . . after all, I get to see my brothers and sister in real time. And I do wish that we had glamorous jobs and 30 million dollars worth of land. And neither of my brothers would flood the engine with water. They have thrown a rod or two . . . and there was that one time, with the Great White Whale (my grandfather's car), when we gave it to J as a "free car" and he was in Michigan for like 48 hours and spent 46 hours changing the head gasket (?) so he could drive it back to Florida only to have it die in the middle of Georgia. Not the nice Atlanta part, either.

In watching the stuff on the website, we are not nearly as melodramatic or exciting. No drug overdoses. No secret family. Really we're boring.

Okay, have to make my book for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a comma book is. If it is a book with just commas in it, it sounds easy to make. Otherwise it seems that you would have started that earlier.

iamthanu said...

You were hoping to have a secret tryst? Or you were hoping that one of us was having a secret tryst?

And the secret family lady is Ken Olin's wife . . . the blonde from Thirtysomething that was Elliot's wife. And I can't recall her name.