Saturday, November 18, 2006

Culling the Herd

I bought shoes today. Which means I'm over the fifty count and will have to cull the herd. Do the flip-flops even count? I could just put three pairs in one cubbie . . . and then have room for the new ones.

I didn't just buy shoes . . . I bought ridiculous, frivolous, gorgeous shoes. Two pairs of them. A beautiful pair of pointed toe heels that I will wear as power shoes for Monday (I am presenting with Princess. She'll be so proud). They were on super sale, because they ran really small . . . and what woman wants to buy shoes that are a size bigger? Other than me, because I don't care as long as they are not pinchy. So beautiful, Stacie and Clinton say leg lengthening, heels to wear with pants.

The second pair? A pair of ruby satin pumps that I may only be able to wear inside my house. They look so good that a stranger walked up to tell me that they looked good. So I had to buy them. However, being that they are satin . . . they will be ruined if I breathe on them, let alone walk outside. When asking the salesperson if there was something I could put on them, like fabric protector, there was face squinching and "Well, I wouldn't wear them in the snow." Otherwise, the salesgirl was not helpful about the wearing of the shoes somewhere other than in my house. I will have to be carried. Or bring them in a Ziploc bag. But only to very clean places where nothing will be spilled or sticky. They really are gorgeous shoes though.

And then felt so guilty for dropping $100 on shoes that I did not buy an ipod. And there were no boys . . . just a girl with some interesting tattoos. I do think I want the red one though. And some knives . . . I'd really like some real "big girl" knives. Because the $9 Betty Crocker set is just not cutting it. (get it? cutting it?) And crap, I should probably think about Christmas soon, shouldn't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those ruby satin pumps!

iamthanu said...

As do I . . .