Thursday, November 16, 2006

Wearing Down My Blasphemy

I'm going to have to go buy an ipod. I know . . . I've held out against the Apple demons for this long. But my Mp3 player is not working . . . again. And it's cold and wet. And I promised myself that I would walk to dinner, which now that I think about it, must happen in the next 40 minutes if I'm going to Westborn. Shit. Damn. Mother . . . .

Usually, if I hit it, it will work. Or stick my earring in the little reset hole. Done both. Currently, it's hooked up to the computer and "charging" and we'll see if it turns on in six minutes (will have to be out the door by 8:30 or all will be lost). Otherwise, it's off to see the Apple demons tomorrow in their shiny little lair at Somerset. Thank goodness it's payday. I think. (Remember, I don't have a calendar?) I hate that store with it's shiny candylike everything (okay, I do want to press it . . . the pretty, candylike button . . . always) and it's good headphones and it's ubercute employees with overly cool everything. I hate that I will have to succumb to the itunes and everything evil that comes with that submission. Gaarrgh.

And no, I'm even considering a zune, or whatever the fff-ing thing is called that Microsoft is putting out. I already have a Mp3 player that shuts down if I look at it funny, don't need one that will run like Windows.

Okay, 8:30. It's working. Pray that I don't have to go kiss the pretty candylike simple design gods.

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

And I will probably love my sucky ipod too. I loved shopping for Mr. Crabbypants' ipod but just because Apple stores seem to employ my "skinny-nerdy-as-hell-but-trying-to-be-cool-by-having-weird-hair" cuteness demographic. So eye candy day and maybe an Mp3 player that works.