Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Crabbypants putting the "Fun" in . . . Dys. . .

So my mother emails me to let me know that "everyone" is going to Miami for Thanksgiving . . . at 8 a.m. on Wednesday. Following the "24 hour rule"* "everyone" will be back by 9ish on Thursday. The menu includes tacos, from Lime (see link to right), the baby brother's restaurant.

I don't know about you . . . but I have to work on Wednesday and cannot just jump on a plane to Miami, lest not getting paid for the holiday. Plus, I have a hair appointment that afternoon and we all know how hard it is to get one of those . . . if I cancel, my hair might actually need cutting by the time I can another appointment. (and it might be more of its natural color . . . wince.)

Turns out, "everyone" is Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants, who are abandoning their real and good children for Thanksgiving. The children who live in Michigan and wrangle them on the weekends. The children who put up with their antics about not wearing pants because they are new and the wearing of orange hats. The children who purposefully did not move to Miami . . . mostly because . . . well . . . Miami is full of not very nice people. (Except for my brother, of course. He is very nice. Especially when he is trying to sell you something. Like tacos. But he has been on MTV . . . and the food network)

So there will be no Crabbypants Thanksgiving in Michigan. Someone will have to adopt me. Or I could ignore it altogether and just go shopping. At least Mr. Crabbypants won't miss Black Friday. I don't think I could manage Best Buy at 4 am without him. I would have to sniffle. Or sleep in.

So anyone want to adopt me?

* The 24 hour rule was instated by my father, when dealing with his parents . . . who also lived in Florida. A visit could last no longer than 24 hours, or it could possibly be unpleasant. Great idea, except when driving to visit them. So we would drive 24 hours, stay 24 hours and drive back. All for the sake of sanity. My brother and father now have the same agreement in place. Luckily, we take advantage of air transportation these days . . . but people still look at me like I'm a freak when I tell them I'm going to Miami for five hours. But then again, it's Miami.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember who wanted to go on a cruise and to the keys....and who didn't!

P.S. Liked the eye better.

Anonymous said...

D is making a Thanksgiving Dinner for us at his house...no need to be adopted. What kind of dinner do you want? Let us know - but it will be in the evening so that the parents can return and have actual Thanksgiving and not just Taco's. But maybe they will bring D the burrito he always asks for!

M

iamthanu said...

Yes, Mother, I know you liked the eye better but I can't find it and I posted it on some site or software plug-in that no longer exists. Serves me right for moving. I'll make another one after I eat tonight.

iamthanu said...

And M . . . yes, I know that D is having Thanksgiving and I'll be there. Just wanted to give the Crabbypants some shit. The tickets were even cheaper for going Thursday and coming back Friday but I think Dad wanted to be back for Black Friday. You know how he loves Black Friday.

iamthanu said...

There. Better?