Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Guest" Blogger

Hello. I am a guest blogger, by request of this blog "owner". Quite an honor....but the pressure is on, as I am not 1) a good speller 2) usually clever, witty, and/or entertaining, and 3) have no topic in mind or provided for me to blog about. I am, however, pretty good about rambling on and on about something....So, welcome to "guest" blog by a "guest" author searching for a topic to ramble on about.

I could mention the SNOW, which is happening as I type (not really ready yet for this stuff this year!). I could carry on about the torrential rains, lightening, and thunder that happened last night (these were Kansas summer storms....not something you find where I live in NOVEMBER!) I could blog about 5 lb. cans, and how they will only hold 5 lbs., no matter what you put in them, or how you rearrange it. (there are 5 of us and 2 cats in a house usually inhabited by one with the cats!)

I could blog about the birds in the attic (we spend an unexpected day blocking their entrance and removing a huge trash bag full of nesting material), or perhaps I could tell you about the cat antics with popcorn ball and candy wrappers left over from Halloween (don't worry, L. only plays with them, nothing morbid or disgusting happens!)Perhaps I could recount how "M" had to tell the mower man how to start the mower that Mr. Pants "gave" to her, then had to have fixed so it would run (long distance) and how Mr. Pants did not see that this was a problem--talking to fixer people by girls!! The mower macho man was devastated by a girl having to start and drive the mower off his truck! Pretty funny (for us girls!)

I could talk about insulating the attic, discussions about the potential floor plans, the bargain we found on a drain snake (everyone should have one as a back up --no pun intended--plan!) or finding some new restaurants in town that we like...but no one probably really cares. So as the guest blogger without a topic, I have probably rambled on enough. Besides, a turn in the shower may turn up soon while there is still hot water, and I want to be ready! It has been fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A guest blogger?? What is that all about. I feel that the trip to "the shack" is worthy of becoming a "guest blogger." Anyway, sounds like quite the family weekend:)
Enjoy!!!
- Princess

iamthanu said...

Princess, I've offered you a guest spot before. You can have one any time you would like . . . with or without the mind erase experience I had with you . . . where was it? Oh dear, I've completely blocked it out.