Saturday, June 02, 2007

As Long As I Have an Ipod, it's Fine

Okay, I did go. And next time, let me suggest 6 a.m. or you won't find a parking spot. And there were people, people everywhere . . . and we all know how I like the general populace. Despite the headache (which has moved to the left side today . . . sneaky) I was not Miss Crabbypants. I was just there to see what I could see. Even bought some things. Strawberries and limes.

But at one point, in the tree and shrubbery part, there was a blonde former sorority chick who was openly Crabbypants. I thought about adopting her . . . but she was too skinny. Just like my father, she had no internal monologue. "SHE"S GOT A STROLLer AND a WAGON? No WONder WE CAN'T MOVE. AND WHY DO THEY PUT THESE TRASH CANS IN THE MIDDLE?" So b.f.s.c. was in a hurry to go nowhere. Everybody had the same shrubs. It's not like the good stuff was at the end. I was then taken out by about three strollers and somehow have a cut on my leg.

The Royal Oak Farmers market was just as crazy. No place to park and S.U.V.s darting around the parking lots fighting for position. These people know that they still have grocery stores that carry produce, right? Probably the same produce? And they're air conditioned? Hmmm. Maybe I'm a spoil sport, but I'm not into fighting three ladies with strollers the size of S.U.V.s for asparagus. But then again, I'm not all that fond of asparagus. Silly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you meet people if you are always plugged in? You are missing out on Grand Rapids Festival.

Anonymous said...

I think you're a libertarian from your writings, but ya know there may be a link between the hot sticky weather and all those SUVs, it's gonna get warmer over time, methinks...