Thursday, June 14, 2007

Because They Stick . . . Duh

I brought my mommy with me to work today.

My mother works in the same field . . . but way, way up the ladder. And it's nice to bring her down to visit the trenches once a year. So I had her come on a day with children.

"I had forgotten what ninth graders do with sticky notes" she said.

And the people in charge? They always want lessons involving sticky notes. They see them as a good way to share thoughts.

Now I know exactly what ninth graders do with sticky notes. They stick them. Incessantly.

And I cannot buy enough sticky notes. There would not be enough money in the budget. Because ninth graders do one thing with sticky notes. They stick them.

And I had put sticky notes down so they would not just sit anyway for their exams. Put them in alphabetical order, facing front. And then they stuck their sticky notes . . . on their foreheads, on the back of their heads, on their neighbors butts, on their arms, on my board. One of the boys took his entire exam (an hour and fifteen minutes) with a sticky note stuck to his forehead. He only took it off after the exam to stick it on someone's butt.

One more day.

And then blue hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How to name a pet:

1. Make list of potential names.

2. Argue with SO (if applicable) regarding the inclusion/exclusion of certain names.

3. Edit list.

4. Repeat steps 2-3 as needed.

5. Write one name each on an appropriate number of sticky notes.

6. Capture nameless pet.

7. Apply all named sticky notes to pet.

8. Allow pet to go about normal pet business.

9. The last name adhering to the pet is the pet's new name.

NOTE: This method unsuitable for fish, some amphibians, some invertebrates, and anything that might kill you if affronted by sticky notes (tigers, bears, komodo dragons, etc...)