Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yah Mean That Back?

Sadly, I have an affair of state to go to . . . which I will write about later when it is not so fresh. But Princess, you doubted that I would have one. Too bad this is a very sad occasion, but thank goodness I bought that wig and don't have to try to dye my hair to its normal color tonight.

However, my family had to move an apartment of furniture today. My brother kept saying that we could put the giant mirror that we had to move in "the back of the truck", which to me, meant the bed of the truck. And I kept arguing with him, because I didn't want to break the mirror and quite honestly, it wasn't going to make it in the bed of the truck with the two dressers and the bed we were moving. Finally, he gave me the tone of "just drop it" and I did. He was getting pissed at my big sisterly advice. Or so I thought.

We moved all the really heavy stuff first.

As we went in to get another load, I noticed that the giant truck of lease cheapness (my father's folly) (which to his credit was very useful today) had a full backseat . . . and that it was mostly empty. And I hatched this great idea.

"Hey, Dave . . . we can just put the mirror in the back of the truck."
"That's what I've been telling you for the last hour . . ."
"But the backseat of the truck. That way, it won't get broken."
"Um. Yeah. I know. That's what I've been sayin. Doofus."

"Oh, you meant that back of the truck?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a conversation between my dad and myself. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. You know you can call anytime. E2