Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Day One

"Miss _______, that's the best thing to happen to your hair . . . EVER!" said the student who was waiting at the school for his ride. "I mean it. Best thing ever."

My hair is now on its third color in four days . . . and is almost the color I was originally shooting for, Grover blue.

Watched True Romance on the insistence that it was "the greatest movie ever" (a lot of evers today) and was up late. Woke up early and then managed to go back to bed. Redyed the hair in the late morning while watching season one of NCIS (on episode three). Managed to get everything together by 1 p.m. Outfit, shoes, makeup . . . and walked out into the 96 degree sauna. Drove to work. Assessed the mess. Decided not to do anything about the mess. Made a few phone calls and drove downtown.

My plan was to go to the Majestic Cafe for dinner. Class is at six . . . so I figured an early dinner (as no real lunch was consumed) and then maybe coffee and some toothpicks to hold my eyes open for class. The waiter was very attentive . . . but then again, I was the ONLY customer in the place . . . crowd at the Majestic does not start at 5 p.m. Cute little young one, who was very flirty. And then he presented me with what I can only assume was the "blue hair discount". So I tipped him well. May go back to see him again.

So no work . . . good outfit . . . dinner half off . . .

So far a very good day.

No comments: