Monday, June 11, 2007

What's in a Name?

So I'm taking this fancy-schmancy web design class at CCS, which I thought would be all students . . . and is instead all people in advertising. Feels like it should be said in quotes, doesn't it? "People in Advertising"

And the whole purpose of me sitting here in this broken chair (no arm . . .) is to break away from the blogger and get my own domain name. Not that blogger hasn't been good to me . . . but I'd like to do some more advanced stuff. Or maybe just to figure out how to rewrite my widgets.

So I'm trying out domain names . . . and the one I really, really want, more than anything is:
www.iam_thanu.com

But I can't do that. Domain names (web addresses) cannot have underscores or spaces. And I suppose I could do www.iam-thanu.com, but it just isn't the same. The whole point is the space where you can put anything. iamlamerthanu. iamwaycoolerthanu. iamcuterthanu. I like the endless possibility.

So any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about ifthenwhat

Anonymous said...

Can you do ellipses in domain names? iam...thanu? or how about iamblankthanu? iam.inserthere.thanu? And while you're at it, can you just make it "you" and make it easier on my grammar nazi eyes?

- iamcompulsiverthanu

iamthanu said...

Well, I have to decide. Perhaps even by this weekend. And the "u" was kinda the whole point when it's iamsmarterthan. . . all in the contrast.

Maybe all call you to discuss it. Big thing, the domain name. Like choosing a tattoo or something.