Monday, June 04, 2007

Of Tinkerbell Hair and Other Things

A couple of things:

I have named the new hair and it is "tinkerbell" hair. It stands up without any product . . . it's like two year old wispy toddler hair. In fact, I'm unsure if it will lay flat. Haven't gotten it to do it yet. And when I questioned a male friend about the attention, now that I'm blonde? His answer . . . this hair is less intimidating. Hmmm. I am getting used to it in the mirror finally. Not as much upkeep as the red, more upkeep than the black. Have to use this special purple shampoo that is slowly turning everything lavender. But lavender is better than the previous pink . . . well, actually, it was more like the set of Psycho every time I dyed it.

My father just asked about what I'm going to do this summer and I proudly announced that I had signed up for a class at CCS. "So what are you going to do with the other 23 hours of that day?" he asked. And I was so thrilled that I had managed to get organized and plan something. Going to sign up for yoga this evening. I think he thought I was going to get a job or something. Who wants an over-educated girl with blue hair who is ever so slightly crabbypants? For only four weeks? I'm sure it's Banana Republic. And yeah, it would be nice to have a part-time job . . . but they mostly involve kids (was already asked to run a tech day camp) and I don't really want to speak to any children for a month. Maybe someone would let me change oil or something.

Shopping continued: I bought the bestest purse ever . . . and got a deal on it. Bought one for my sister too. And managed to get Ralph Lauren sheets for 10 bucks each piece.

Two more weeks of school. Haven't started cleaning. The yearbook sold out. I'm in the black again this year, but barely. Might have to raise the price.

Oh, and I so need a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we going to see a picture of said tinkerbell hair???
Please?

iamthanu said...

Eventually. Haven't downloaded the pictures yet.

Anonymous said...

That *is* a gorgeous bag! I am coveting it. Did I tell you about my exciting handbag acquisition? It just came in the mail; it's from Viv Pickle in Philly (http://vivpickle.com/index.htm). You would LOVE them. They do these amazing custom-made fabric bags. I gave myself one as a graduation present. It's a beautiful chocolate brown with multicolored pastel geometric business on it, and I had them use their diaper-bag lining on it so I can throw a sippy cup in there and it won't get fucked up . . .

-The other one

iamthanu said...

Those ARE very cool . . . but you how I am. I would see those and think, "yeah, I could make that." and then never make it.

But I do need something that I can throw a sippy cup in . . . except that the sippy cup would be for me. And might contain vodka.