Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bitten

The change has occurred, despite all the measures taken . . . the classes, the projects.

I went to bed at 4:37 a.m.. I probably could have made it to sunrise, but it burns the flesh so . . .

Vampire time has arrived.

To my credit, I did finish three knitting projects and am 23 inches into a 60 inch shawl. But this is way too early for the change. It is hard to interact with people on vampire time. Unless, of course, they are on vampire time also. And I wanted to hold out until July, at least. So maybe I'll pull an all-nighter and get back on day schedule.

And some of you are asking why? Why do you need to be with the daylighters? I mean Meijer is open 24/7. Why shouldn't I go with my natural circadian rhythm?

Because I don't know anyone that works third shift . . . or any other vampire-time teachers . . . so the lifestyle is very isolating. And think about who is at Meijer at 4 a.m. (including me, if you don't know me). Yuck. Plus "Daysleeper" by R.E.M. plays in my head a lot. And that isn't pleasant at all.

Sigh. Maybe I'll have to get a job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything but a J-O-B! You are a teacher. You have earned the right to vampire time. :)

hud said...

After all...Darkness kills the light.