Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Think It's a Bit Too Bright

"Can I touch it? Can I touch your hair?" the little voice said, with a toddler lisp.

"Sure. You can touch it."

Odd request, I thought, but certainly didn't hurt my hair. I leaned my head down to his reach and he quickly touched some hair on the top of my hair. His hand shot back and clasp his other. There was glee in his big brown eyes. A smile on his face. He walked over to his mother and sneered at his sister, as if he had won something. Like she had been afraid to ask and he had been brave enough.

Small children are fascinated when you have blue hair . . . perhaps it has something to do with clowns. (smile) Plus, I'm kinda dressed like a mom, but with punk rock hair.

So children . . . and transsexuals (the one waiting for the bus really liked my hair and asked all sorts of questions) . . . and random ladies driving in 1986 green Dodge Lancers (again with the questions, like they want the recipe) . . .

Although I think a man came out to "save" the dog I was petting outside of the Starbucks.

This phase may last less than the planned month. Interesting experiment in sociology though.

No comments: