Saturday, June 02, 2007

Up Too Early

It's 7:20 in the morning on a Saturday and I have had a headache for 24 hours. Yes, I have taken something. (My family's favorite thing to say if you have a headache - "Do you take something?") I stayed in last night, went to bed early, thinking that it might help with the raw throbbing scraping inside my head. It's not even time for me to have a headache. (I usually get them once a month)

I woke up thinking that I would go to Eastern Market this morning . . . but I've since mused that I do not have a wagon. So perhaps I will downgrade to the Royal Oak Farmers Market. I really just want to people watch and window shop for antiques. It's already sticky, so yard work would suck today. From what I remember, Saturday at the Eastern Market makes me a little leery. Doesn't help that I used to tour the Eastern Market on weekdays as I child (I remember it vaguely . . . maybe it didn't happen). My mother used to bring her students to see the "behind the scenes" when she taught foods at the college level. On a weekday, there isn't anyone there really . . . at least in the seventies. My last Saturday excursion, it was wall-to-wall people. Crowded. I don't like crowded.

Okay, as Mr. Crabbypants would say, don't want to waste any more of the day.

No comments: