Thursday, August 11, 2005

4am -- Really can't sleep

So I've resorted to listening to Matthew Good on Quicktime evilness because I really can't sleep. Perhaps it is the awakening that Yes, I do in fact have to go back to work. Received the letter today . . . and then remembered that I have to go in two days earlier for yearbooks. Ahh, the pit in the stomach dread. The awful dance I do in my head -- not the art teacher, not the art teacher . . . think of yourself as an English teacher.

It's a whole different wardrobe really.

Oh, and I do evil things when left to my own devices and then rationalize it by saying I'm really "helping" them. On a certain online dating site, there was someone who had a spelling error in his first line and I advised him to correct it. Not because the spelling error bothered me . . . because it ruined the whole tone of his arguement. His first line was something like -- can you beleive that I have to resort to internet dating -- and while he was cute, the "beleive" really ruined it. Because the first thing I thought when I read it was "well, yes . . . ". It was evil. My karma is ruined for weeks. I'm sure I'll get hatemail and get kicked off. I'm sure he will come and find me with my inadequate windows and give me a piece of his mind. But really . . . if I had something on my face you would tell me, right?

Now the Matthew Good "Audio tunes" player has just crapped out . . . so I guess I will go watch some infomercials until they put me to sleep.

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

And yes, I meant that to be a pun.