Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What the h. e. double hockey sticks was I thinking

Once upon a time, in the mid-ninties, I tried this new service on the internet called "internet dating". It was very cutting edge. There were no digital cameras then . . . so no pictures. Just a lot of words.

I did a lot of emailing after work. Didn't even have a computer at home, let alone an internet connection. Eventually went out on a few blind dates . . . they were all terrible. Then my world blew up and I made all my friends crazy with the phone calls. I stopped the internet dating and became focused on the world falling apart.

And this is bringing all that back . . . mostly memories of the bad dates, with a smidge of the other stuff.

As Dory says: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming . . ." but as I recall Dory had a memory problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you don't!