Thursday, August 18, 2005

In That Hair


I begrudgingly went to the evil empire this morning. I had to make sure that I had ordered yearbook receipts for the masses and somehow every spring lumps together in my mind. So three Junes ago I ordered yearbook receipts and I keep thinking it was last June. Just a matter of searching the yearbook room (Ha! What a mess.) and then calling the supplier to have them overnight them. Do it every year (except that one time . . . was it last June?).

On my way out of the parking lot, I run into . . . let's call him Football Player D. I am glad to see him, one of the nicest people you could ever meet, and I stop my vehicle to talk to him.

FPD: Wow, what happened to your hair?
Me: (shrug) It changed.
FPD: Looks cool. (Pause) Are they going to let you work in that?
Me: (confused) In what?
FPD: In that hair?

I guess we will find out soon enough. Let's hope they'll let me work in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the hair-
really, if that is the biggest problem of the year - you should die it back. however, considering the insanity of our place of work, i don't think you need to worry! besides, you know i've got your back, or at least your hair color!
later tater:)

iamthanu said...

So funny, how you can tell who someone is by how they say goodbye in type.

Thank you Princess for watching my back. Did you notice that I refrained from putting those pictures of you up?

Call me if you want to go to book club . . .