Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"Oh, no, you shouldn't do that."

Spend too much time in Borders today. Fruitin' around and looking at Husker Du CDs. Bought three books (3 for the price of 2 sale) and now have more Chuck Palahniuk than anyone really needs. Also bought a copy of the new Juxtapoz. Stood in the velveteen roped area waiting for the cashier to notice me, which he didn't until the other cashier nudged him.

Borders Guy: "Oh sorry, I was spaced"
Borders Guy: (looking at Juxtapoz) "Wow, I love this magazine."
Emily: "Yeah, I do too . . . I should probably just subscribe, but I never get around to it."

Borders Guy: "Oh. No . . . you shouldn't do that"

No explanation about why I shouldn't do that. Perhaps so I could keep paying a dollar more at the Borders? Because he wants me to come see him in a month?

In case any Borders executives ever read this . . . so you never hired me because I didn't "pass" the written test A.K.A I didn't have any facial piercings and therefore wasn't cool enough for the Novi store . . . but your cashier starts with "sorry, I was spaced"? Now that's good personnel practice, I tell you.

No comments: