Thursday, August 11, 2005

E-Disharmony

The nerdy e-harmony demons sent me an "urgent" email this morning . . . they had been reading my profile again and, darn it, I was a bad, bad, girl. Very bad.

"During regular site maintenance, we noticed some content written by you that violates our terms and conditions. . . If you want us to reactivate your matching, please log into your accountand change the content sited above, if possible. Please email usexplaining why you wrote this content. Mistakes and misunderstandings will happen, so if you feel we are in error or do not understand your meaning, please let us know."

It wasn't a mistake or misunderstanding . . . I posted a hotmail address on my profile. I was reaping the wonderful benefits of eharmony "matching" me without paying them. I wonder if they search the profiles for "@" or if they have way too much time.

So I have been kicked off of eharmony . . . well, that's too harsh . . . I have to go stand in the corner and not see anyone until I email them and apologize. Who knew that they had a tiny button at the end of a page that says "close account".

No comments: