Sunday, August 28, 2005

Raise High the Roofbeams . . . .

I found notebooks for 10 cents each and even though I wasn't supposed to be in that evil store, due to their horrible treatment of the people who work for them, I bought those notebooks . . . and liked it. In fact, I'm going back to Mr. Walton's store to buy some more for next semester.

I'm not supposed to go into Mr. Walton's store and buy supplies because my union wants teachers to boycott the store. However, if my union would fight a bit harder for my working conditions, so that I would not have to BUY 300 single subject notebooks in the first place, then I would follow their advice more closely.
(It is a capitalist society and if they feel they are being treated badly, they are welcome to find another job . . . Old Navy is hiring . . . )

I also bought some short sleeve shirts because my workplace is 106 degrees with no air conditioning (except in the office) and new underwear because everyone should have new underwear for the start of school. And dry erase markers because they didn't come with the order . . . so no one can write on their boards.
While I was at Mr. Walton's store, some middle school boys started to talk to me about my "cool hair". Being unsure if they were making fun of the hair or complimenting it (it's so hard to tell with middle school boys) I kept walking. I think they were trying to pick me up in the toy department. How unseemly. I hope they knew they were talking at someone in her thirties.

So three hundred dollars later, I'm all ready to start school tomorrow. Now I just have to do my nails and my hair.

4 comments:

iamthanu said...

I just deleted a bunch of spam comments . . . and what I think was a "real" comment from someone. The real commenter will have to be more specific about my "untruths" . . . Old Navy really is hiring.

Anonymous said...

You have many untruths. No need to be specific.

iamthanu said...

Quit besmirching my character . . . I know where you work, and live for that matter.

There are no "untruths" in this specific entry. Also, you have seen me lie at the Azure Fowl. I'm not very good at it. I get all grinny and stuff.

Don't be bitter and leftist.

iamthanu said...

Oh and in case "anonymous" is Princess and not E2 . . . you would be right, there are many "untruths" in the world. But I still bought notebooks for 10 cents, which makes me the "bestest shopper in the world". At least for today.