Monday, August 08, 2005

Decorative lustreglass, oh my

So I have been MAC'ified for the year. I'm trying to think of something that men have to drop $150 bucks on for the year . . . their shoes are more expensive, I guess. Princess was very helpful, though she did lecture me about how I'm "not assertive enough" with the service personnel. Interesting . . . me, not assertive enough . . .

(I don't think Princess never really worked in the "service industry". There was that stint at the video store, but I just watched "Clerks" so I don't think it counts.)

So I now have colors named "Nocturnelle", "Anti-Establishment", and "Seedy Pearl" in my make-up basket. How do I get the MAC name job? I let the nice tattoo girl upsell me some lipliner and bought some awesome eyeliner. It's high maintance eyeliner with "rules" (gotta make sure you keep the lid really tight, have to wash out the extra and additional brush everyday, have to use make-up remover, not just soap) but it paints on nicely. So nicely, it's almost worth the extra trouble.

As an aside . . . I became addicted to department store make-up (which is much more expensive that drug store make-up . . . for the boys reading this) because of one of my best friends in college. She did the expensive make-up thing but got her haircut at Bo-Rics. I believed in expensive haircuts (still do) but was using "Wet n' Wild" (still have their black lipstick for special occasions). So I convinced her on the haircuts and in return she convinced me on the make-up. One of the best things ever done . . . though pricey, even still. One of the coolest girls I ever met at State, we were both in the art ed program together. She liked me because I made a comment about her shoes one day in class. Googled her yesterday because I was thinking about her . . . nothing. (Unlike when you google my name and get ten hits with the name of my employer, cause I need ex-boyfriends to call them for my email address, NOT) . She's moved, like, twenty times since we left school. So Heather, as I call out into the nothingness of the internet, thanks for the make-up addiction and I hope everything is going well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

two points - just for the record:
1) I worked at Big Boys for about oh 5 weeks (when I was 15). So, I actually had two jobs in the "service" industry. Either way, I know a great deal about good service, and how to get it (I might just write a book).
2) Quality is far more important than just being "expensive." You must know that.

Also, just tell these window guys your husband is in Europe for the summer - working, and please don't call him Horatio. Horatio can only be Hamlet's best friend (really now).

iamthanu said...

All right, Miss Thing . . .

1) I did forget about the Big Boy experience . . . however, you were not a waitress or a hostess at the Big Boy. This I remember.
1.5) Please do write the book on getting "good service". I'd like to read it.
2) Yes, I know quality is far more important than expensive . . . you must know that I know that.
3) The current imaginary husband name of the hour is Buck. I like the name Horatio, because Horatio with my last name with it is ridiculous. There are lots of other Horatios other than the character in Hamlet.
4) Why is the name of my imaginary husband so important to you? Get your own imaginary husband. :)

iamthanu said...

Also . . . now that I think about it . . . how will telling the window guys that Buck is in Europe help me? So instead of no one finding my mutilated body, Buck has to find it after his trip? How is this a deterrent?

Basically, I've just admitted to the whole world that it's a little scary to tell to a guy that now knows I have crappy windows, that may be easy to break into, that I'm single. (security is part of the sales pitch) However, if Buck were home, they could just take him first . . . so it really doesn't matter. The bus line is right outside my house, I could get hit by that too.