Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It was all that Slam Dancing, wasn't it?

So I had the session to look at my CT scans today. Turns out I have a severely deviated septum with a maxillary cyst. Something about a bone spur too . . .

So I get everything fixed in three months, after my insurance checks out. I wonder if he can straighten it while he's there?

I did, at one time, slam my nose squarely into someone's shoulder when I was in high school. We were being goofy "squids" (or alternateens) at some band camp function on the tennis courts . . . a dance perhaps . . . and were slamming into each other, just to show that we were cooler than the other band geeks. The doctor assures me that it was not that incident . . . just a birth defect instead.

Evidently when it's done, I'll be able to breathe. Since it's evidently been this way forever I don't know what that will be like but it seems like a nice idea.

They won't let me have the CT scans until after the surgery. Look for the black eye at the beginning of November -- plus they shove "splints" up your nose. They told me that I could go to work the next day . . . hee, hee. I won't be doing that however.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. Here's an update for ya since i really dont have anyone else to tell.

I scored a sweet job as a Presswork Apprentice thanks to Mr. Cook from Graphics. The shop is called Flamingo Label. Its kinda cool. I hope to get into the art department soon or maybe secure me a job as a press operator first.

I enrolled at Macomb and will start the 24th. I'm taking Math, english and a design class. Its pretty cool. Im just excited for the design class really.

It's pretty cool being a highschool gradduate. Im enjoying it a lot.

Adios Amigo

iamthanu said...

Well, congratulations on the apprentice position!
You're not really a high school graduate yet . . . that will start on the 24th. The English class will probably be more fun than you expect. Don't be afraid to speak up in class during discussion. As for math . . . well, I didn't take any math in college.

As for the design class . . . it depends on who the instructor is. Neil had a pretty good one as I recall.

Glad you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Hey is that Mr. P? If so congratulations. I know that you will do well. F-R

Sorry E for commenting to someone that is not you on your blog. I will behave better in the future. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way...


What kind of comment is so bad it needs to be removed? It must have been a good one?

iamthanu said...

No . . . though I should remove one of the comments on the bought batteries entry.

I misspelled something and hit "publish" and you can't edit it afterwards. I'll fix it in a minute. So nothing exciting. I did get my first spam comment the other day . . .