Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Putting the strings back on

Ahhh, my first day back at the evil empire. So exciting, engaging, and full of lovelyness . . . well, maybe I'll choose to remember it that way anyway.

Came home and dropped on the couch. So much for getting off bat schedule.

One of our graduates is working at the high school . . . which made me cringe a little, since he wasn't the most stellar of human beings when he was a student and now has keys to all the rooms. L liked to flirt with everyone and hasn't changed all that much.

"Like your hair."
"Thanks."
"So the administration doesn't have a problem with that?"
"Not yet. We'll see."

I really hope, having seen the entire freshman and sophomore classes today at registration, that if they had a problem, they would have voiced it by now. The damage is already done.

Still everyone bringing it up . . . makes me feel like I'm not supposed to have muppet colored hair or that somehow I've become an impostor. I know I couldn't do this with my hair if I was a mortgage broker, but that's why I didn't become a mortgage broker in the first place (that and the math thing).

See what happens when you don't let me be the art teacher?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair is fine :) I saw L today too and freaked out. I had to take a second look to make sure it was L.

iamthanu said...

Why is it that if you are evil and bad, they will give you keys to all the rooms in three years? Does this mean I will get keys?