Thursday, June 15, 2006

Can't Listen to the Radio

Anyone ever notice that all the songs on the radio are about breaking up? or getting back together? or being "lost without you"? All of them. I just bought Deathcab for Cutie's Plans (to avoid the radio) and all the songs are about breaking up . . . or getting back together . . . or being lost without someone . . .

Gaahhhhghh!

Luckily, my brother made this punk/ska CD for me a year ago and it is less about breaking up/getting back together/being lost without someone and more about PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE . . . which somehow makes me smile. So I'm smiling again.

The Weakerthans (see sidebar) are touring. The closest they come to Detroit is Cleveland on July 9. So anyone want to go to Cleveland? Cause I'm goin' . . . with or without you.

No comments: