Thursday, June 22, 2006

That's it, I'm Hiding

Remember that post about being "transition" girl? . . . well, today was the day to run into everyone. Ran into K. at the bookstore . . . did the whole "we should really get together sometime" . . . "yeah, we really should" with the unspoken "We're never going to get together and I'll never call you, bye!" between it.

Then, just for kicks, Princess wanted to go to the restaurant that Alfie manages . . . and because I'm a total masochist, I went up and said hello and got to hear all about his baby daughter. Fabulous! (actually, I really am happy for Alfie and glad that he has a daughter . . . but still)

Then while walking home got to wave at the ex's best friend on Woodward. Hey, Robbie! So sorry that I can't sell T-shirts on your tour . . . but I'm not allowed to talk to you. Then got to imagine the imaginary conversation that didn't happen once Robbie got home. "Hey, so I saw Emily walking on Woodward when I was driving home . . . whatever happened with her?"

So now I'm hiding in my house . . . lest I run into anyone else that I don't want to deal with or talk to . . . I mean John 1, 2, or 3 could be hiding in my bushes right now, waiting to have an awkward conversation with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't hide. Well you can hide from certain people but not everyone.

Anonymous said...

The only thing hiding in the bushes in your yard is the creepy bunny...get over it, he's harmless. If you lock yourself up - you will never find the right one.

iamthanu said...

I'm just hiding for this evening. Tomorrow I have to go out and get my truck fixed and this weekend is Ministry and K-zoo . . . so it's more of a temporary hiding arrangement.