Tuesday, June 20, 2006

T.V. Will Eventually Solve All Your Problems

My mother was watching television again . . . not hard at Stately Wayne Manor, as they have a T.V. in every room including the bathrooms. And for rooms that there is no television? There is a plan for a television, cause the kitchen T.V. is too small to watch from the dining area. (so the flat panel with make the kitchen a two television room) (but there are no televisions on the screen porch yet, so it all evens out)

Evidently, there was a show on internet dating on ABC last night, so my mother emails me (to tell me to turn on my T.V. to channel seven) and wants me to check out engage.com. This is a violation of the new "talking only about the weather and air" policy that I have recently put in place and my mother is not abiding by, at all. She wants me to get out there and date some engineers . . . because that will make it all better. Sitting in the coffee shop across from a guy with a pen in his pocket and pleats in his pants, trying to come up with pleasant conversation about . . . well . . . engineering. Or his train collection. Or better yet, his mother. Yes! That will make it all better. Let me get right on that.

So, anyhoo, engage.com does not work right now because everyone's mother is logging onto it this second. Interesting concept . . . your mother gets to search the web and match you up with people, which is indeed her dream. Now if I could just get her to go out with the engineer for the actual coffee, it would be perfect.

Cause you see . . . I want to go out with someone exactly like C. (only without all the baggage), or exactly opposite C. or, when I really think about it, NO ONE AT ALL. Because it all ends in heartbreak . . . and I used to be a superhero. And I will be a superhero again . . . perhaps, unfortunately sitting with my cape and a paper cup listening to a guy in pleated pants with a pen in his pocket talk about how he had this amazing pez collection but he sold it for less than it was really worth.

Oh, well, it only took me a year to find C. . . . maybe it's just another year before I find someone cooler. Plus, my mother is working for me. And so, evidently, is television.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? There are guys who talk about their Pez dispenser collections? I think I need to open a charm school for guys who do internet introductions---honestly, they have to come up with better stuff than their Pez collection!!! Trains I can understand. Pleated pants--well, if he had a woman managing his wardrobe,he wouldn't be meeting you for coffee, and pocket protectors are practical...but Pez collection talk...pathetic!!! At least not until you really know someone.....

iamthanu said...

I said nothing about pocket protectors . . . or Apple dogtags . . .

And yes, the sad state or tale of the selling of your Pez should best be saved for at least a month or so. At least until you have your hooks in her.