Monday, June 12, 2006

Shaking the Etch-O-Sketch

Ah, Summer Nostalgia . . .
My students all have it.
Suddenly, I'm the coolest.
They all want me as a teacher next year.
All the trials of this year forgotten.
Sliding the bar of the magna-doodle in their minds.
Shaking the Etch-O-Sketch.
The pleasure of revisionist history.

Yet, the silver powder is
still scraped off on my Etch-O-Sketch
like when I kept making lines,
over and over,
to see the inner workings.
And I want revisionist history
but cannot obtain it.
Looping, over and over,
like an 8mm family film.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I don't remember us having 8mm when you were a child !!!!

Anonymous said...

The Etch A Sketch rocks :)

You were right about what you said earlier today.

Anonymous said...

If you cared so much about how the etch a sketch worked, what exactly is wrong with the engineering geeks again?

iamthanu said...

There is nothing wrong with engineering geeks as long as they are not boring . . . and (I know I'm generalizing)they are boring.

I want to date someone like me . . . someone edgy but who still has a job.

Actually, I don't want to date anyone right now. Have to get back to where I was in February, which was happy with myself.