Monday, June 05, 2006

Break up the Pity Party

Part of this is being pissed at myself for being such an jerk in my twenties, for not having the self-esteem to date "nice" guys. Wasting so much time. Not figuring out how cool I was until now.

Part of this is grieving for a friendship that is now a vacuum.

Part of this is that I thought someone thought I was special . . . and I wasn't wrong. But now I have to jump back into the pool. And I'm cold and tired. I'm thirty-five. And let's face it, there aren't that many people in the pool anymore.

Rest assured, I'll jump back in. I'm tired of being alone. But I have to hurt. Sorry. Have to. I'm giving myself a week.

When you find someone who respects you, makes you feel special, thinks you're cool, looks at you with a smile that makes you feel like you are someone . . . hell, I don't care if it was all pretend. It was worth every minute. And as much as I hate to say it, every minute of the pain.

I learned a lot about what I want. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear this last post... don't forget to check your gmail from time to time.

;)

Anonymous said...

...and DON'T want. Valuable too!

iamthanu said...

Yes, and don't want . . . but I'm trying to focus on the positive, so we'll stick with what I want. Only up to two pages, but I just started.

And I promise to check my gmail from time to time. Thank you, it meant alot.