Friday, June 16, 2006

First Day Off

Woke up at 7:30 . . . woke up again at 10:30 . . . managed to shower by 11:30 or so . . . walked downtown . . . sat in the sun at Starbucks, annoyed that phone guy and his assistant (?) were taking up the shady table without actually ordering anything . . . read the paper . . . found out Ministry is playing on the 24th (another concert to go to ALONE . . . sigh) . . . walked to the cool record store . . . found out the cool record store went out of business . . . walked back to corporate bookstore . . . read a Matt Groening book . . . thought about Matt Groening selling out . . .walked to the yarn store . . . broke my sunglasses (the red ones . . . my favorites) . . . did a "my shitty life/luck" spiral . . . decided to get over it, as the sunglasses cost $3.90 . . . had two African-American men tell me in their "special" way that they thought I was attractive, near the bus stop . . . bought a diet coke at McDonalds . . . walked home . . .

So that's been the first day of summer so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a little disturbed about one of the lines of your entry. And... no more red sunglasses. :) I think Princess will be happy. Congrats on sleeping.