Monday, June 05, 2006

This Morning

I swear to god I was coming to grips last night . . . and now there is this morning. And tomorrow morning will be better and the next . . . until it is all a fond memory. But right at this moment, a piece of my soul is missing. And I don't know where to find it to put it back.

And I want to know which morning I can roll over and go back to sleep.

I keep telling myself that I was love with the idea of him . . . but in the abstract, the idea of him was pretty much a mess, so pretty much I actually loved him. I let myself fall in love with him. And now that's gone. And it will never be the same.

There is an Ani DiFranco song, "I used to be a Superhero, no one could touch me . . . no not even myself. But you were like a phone booth, that I somehow stumbled into . . . now look at me . . . I am just like everybody else."

How I long for the day that I'll just roll over and go back to sleep . . . or maybe not wake up at all and yet, how I hate that someday I'll just roll over and go back to sleep.

He didn't feel the same. I get it. Doesn't make this moment in time any easier. But I almost hate the fact I that I know that it will get easier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

life does suck right now. but I promise you it will get better and be better then if ever was, if you give it the opportunity.
i hate that you hurt inside and out right now.
i hate that boys are stupid.
i hate that i did not take your call this evening.
al this and I dont consider myself to be "a hater".
- one of your fabulous friends from the South

iamthanu said...

Thank you.
Coming to grips with the fact that he may need therapy . . . that I may have been free therapy.

Actually, I don't know what the hell happened, just keep poking in the dark.

Deleted the IM. Made a stack of stuff I don't want. Thinking about washing the bathroom walls.

Got back on the horse with nerve.com.

Am almost to the "I never WANT to talk to him again" stage.

We'll see how tomorrow morning goes.

More sad that we can never go back . . . well, he said our relationship needed to be different. I wonder if this is what he meant?

Anonymous said...

What relationship? It takes two people. Obviously, you were one. He was just not that into you. Men are very simple creatures. Not much to figure out. He is and will continue to be what he is. That is all that he will ever be.
Get it?

iamthanu said...

Ummm. . . yeah, didn't need the "Get it". Oh and the "He was just not into you." Yeah, it was really clear when I said "this has to end" because I KNEW THAT. Thanks for being sooo supportive though.

I guess thanks for being an a#$hole on my blog, too.

Oh, and I read the book too genius.