Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Not My Words

One foot in front of the other. One foot back to counter it. Days like these, you've got to find it in some other way. It's all or nothing baby. Avalanche, start inside of me. Avalanche, down through the trees. Avalanche, start inside of me. Avalanche, hell down through the trees. If everyone's a casualty. Then take your time, there ain't no trouble. If the weather's fine and we're feeling crazy. There's always drinks and dancing in the rubble. I'm spinning and you're spinning. And the world's spinning and we're laughing. And I'm charming, the devil's charming. And we're ruined but we're building. And I'm selling and you're counting. The world's stopping but we keep going. And we're ruthless and we're cunning. And I'm heir to it all. Days like these you've got to find it in some other way. It's all or nothing baby. This key to your kingdom. This key to your heart. Neither one a doorway. But both of them a part. So one foot in front of the other.

Somehow it makes me feel better . . . Thank you, Matthew Good.

No comments: