Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Even My Feral Pets Are Damaged

I have a rabbit in my backyard . . . he is not as good as the mystery guest cats, who would come for Halloween and Summer Solstice, because he digs big holes in the yard. But mostly, he eats the lawn and keeps to himself.

Today, for some reason he decided to walk up to me . . . as if I had some carrots . . . and I noticed that he has been only showing me his "good" side for some time now. Straight on, the backyard rabbit, who we will now call Bongo, only has one eye. On his good side, which I assume I always see because then he can see me, he looks perfectly normal . . . a rather large, good-looking backyard rabbit, as rabbits go. His other eye, however, is non-functional with a large white cataract . . . making him look like a devil rabbit from hell, that is, if it glowed.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't glow . . . or I would have seen it at night when he hops around the backyard. Plus, he just doesn't give off the "devil bunny" vibe. But yeah, even the wildlife in my backyard is damaged.

No comments: