Friday, June 23, 2006

Over the Fascination

After staying up to an ungodly hour in the morning, I am over my fascination with YouTube.com. Short lived, I know . . . I'm sure I could revisit in a month or two. Who knew that something mentioned on NPR could actually be as cool as they said it would be . . .

Woke up late (if 7:30 a.m. can be considered late) and despite this, my truck was still fixed by 1 p.m. AND it was returned with a hook-up for my MP3 player . . . I may never drive my Neon again. I may never leave the inside of my truck. Now if only it didn't use gas but ran on magical (and cheap) fairy dust. And my brother is the most wonderful person in the world for making all this happen, even though I was an hour late in getting there. (I did buy him frozen Swedish meatballs at IKEA in return . . . mmmm, Swedish meatballs.)

Z. and I lunched at the giant blue building of hellish coupleness and I was amazed at how many people don't "get" that the restaurant is a cafeteria . . . the old couple behind me kept asking "What's going on? Why are we standing here? You have to get a tray?" IKEA was crazy before . . . now it's still crazy busy, but the rude people have decided to crawl out and visit. "I don't believe we have to stand in this line to go to another line . . ." Well, lady, lots of people want Swedish meatballs and you'll just have to wait your turn.

Z. has decided that he LOVES IKEA, especially the section where you get to try out all the beds (which we skipped today). He also discovered that he likes lingonberry cheesecake. So good that I am expanding his world of desserts. He was also very excited that "he gets to come too" to move my sister to Kalamazoo. I didn't have the heart to tell him that moving Mere will involve lots of yelling, carrying heavy things, sitting in the car for three hours, carrying heavy things again, and then more yelling. We'll let him discover that for himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the aunt I think it is your duty to tell him to run! What is up with you and the swedish meatballs? I think you may be addicted.

iamthanu said...

There is no escape . . . he's been assimilated . . . much like the Borg but worse.

(How geeky am I for knowing what "the Borg" even are . . .?)