Saturday, September 02, 2006

50 Pairs are Enough, Right?

I am limiting myself to 50 pairs of shoes.

This is the current number of shoe cubbies I have. While the Water Heater man was working, I did many of the little jobs that I had put off all summer . . . bleaching the bamboo rocks, moving the digitial cable box upstairs and . . . building more shoe cubbies.

I did throw some shoes away.

Well, this is not really true. I have set some shoes aside in a "throw away-donate" pile . . . so I can think about them and be really sure. They are like old friends, so we have to go through the grieving process in order to end our relationship and move on.

It doesn't help that I bought five pairs today. Some high heels with lovely open toes, showing some toe cleavage. Two pairs of ballet flats (though both very different), one pair of pointy flats (but not too pointy, otherwise I feel like an elf) and a pair of "Aunt Hazel" shoes, which is only a good description if you have an Aunt Hazel.

I also went to H&M 5nd bought a suit and a dress. Evidently, spending two thousand on a water heater (when you are only supposed to spend $500) puts me in an "Ah, f$%k it" mood, causing me to spend money at the mall. The shoes are good though.

What's up with men calling me after midnight? Makes me think that they went trolling earlier in the evening and it didn't work out, therefore I am the backup plan. F.Y.I. . . . I don't answer the phone after 11 p.m. Even if I'm interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nice thing about shopping therapy is that you can always return it with the reciept. Phyco therapy is not returnable!

I once knew a woman who shopped with every intention of returning the things she bought...which was another type of therapy. Enjoying the freedom on not reallying needing it or spending the money!

Enjoy the shoes!

iamthanu said...

Yeah, not returning the shoes. Would love to return the water heater though.