Sunday, September 10, 2006

"Shelia Take a Bow"

"OOooh, Shelia take a . . . Shelia take a bow . . . boot the (something) of this world in the crotch dear. And don't go home tonight . . . go out and find the one that you love and who loves you . . . "

I put money in a jukebox yesterday. I never do that. It was the Front and no music was playing and the place was kinda dead for a Saturday and both my friends have "someones" and are not looking. Plus I needed to show off the shoes. Because I had wicked good shoes on last night . . . peep toe, patent leather, three inch heel . . . very fifties. And right now, the only excuse I have to wear them is when I want to have the Ozzie and Harriet fifties experience, so I'll put them on with an apron to clean. Except that I seldom clean.

Despite the good shoes, again no one talked to us. I went up to talk to some boys for about four seconds but it did not go well, so the mission was quickly aborted. They weren't cute enough to work at . . . so struck out again. Not that I expected anything, in the least. I didn't. I expect nothing at this point. Well, nothing except for the stalker to eventually stop emailing me.

The questions on matchdotcom were difficult to publish . . . the matchbots don't like it when you just have lines of text. They want you to have PARAGRAPHS. And I included an _ , which they didn't like at all. So the word "butt", as "Can you kick my butt in Trivial Pursuit?" somehow better than "kick my _".

The questions were finally approved at about 2:16 a.m. and I've already gotten a pretty cool response from someone, who took the time to answer all of the questions. Impressive, because I just kept typing to fill the space (2000 characters) so there are a lot of questions . . . he numbered them so there must be 39 or so. And he used the word "suckitude" . . . which is awfully cute, in my opinion. Don't get too excited, or your underwear bunched up, he's younger and I think he has a "Failure to Launch" situation going, plus he works midnights. But it's nice to see some more intelligent life on the match.

Speaking of shoes and underwear, I only lusted after shoes yesterday but found the greatest underwear store ever . . . Soma. They have my size and matching . . . so now I don't have to create an underwear store. So takes the pressure off. It was hurting my head, with all the four way and all way stretch fabric. Oh, and I finally bought some damn pants. One pair in a color other than black. I feel like I've grown as a person.

So good shoes, matching underclothes, pants that are a color other than black. I might even look put together. Less like an art teacher, more like an English teacher . . . or heaven forbid, assistant principal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ap? Those are some goals. :)

iamthanu said...

Obviously, not too important to me . . . as I am discussing my matching underwear to the internet.

Anonymous said...

and...why would anyone thing that ap's have and/or would care about matching underware?

Anonymous said...

"God", five years and over 2,700 deaths later. Not to mention all the previous wasted centuries and lives. Reasonable, intelligent people at my company designed and built those airplanes. No one thought they'd really be put to such a purpose.

C'mon, who'd have believed we'd be re-fighting a medieval conflict in the early 21st Century?

Pardon me, but Fundamentalist Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) suck. The sooner we can get people to unfetter their minds and think critically for themselves, the better.

Yeah, I know, just another rant. But Lennon may just have been right...