Friday, September 08, 2006

One of the Colors IS Black

It's Friday . . . so there is a football game.

I have been going to every home football, since I've been a freshman in high school. Okay, I took some time off in college . . . when I quit the band . . .

And don't tell anyone, but I really don't want to go tonight. But I have to stand and tell students where to stand and how to focus and when to set the camera to shutter preference rather than automatic and what shutter speed they should then set it to . . . because it will be dark. And I love seeing the parents. I love seeing the students. I love wearing the school colors (yes, one of them is black) and shouting when they manage to score.

But I'm tired and I want a nap. I want to go out. I want to set and stare blankly at the television for an hour or two. I'm the yearbook coach and it won't get done without coaching . . . but I would rather not be coach for the night. I had forgotten how much sleep I give up when I'm working.

But hey, last week, I learned what a two-point conversion was . . . and this week shows equal promise for learning information.

No comments: