Sunday, September 17, 2006

You're Emily

While I was out on my "I'm not sure if this is a date" outing . . . which is why I wore converse (because if you have to ask . . . then it's not a date . . . ) (I had fun, by the way) I saw someone in a "Weakerthans" T-shirt.

I have never seen anyone in a Weakerthans t-shirt. I have never known anyone who has ever heard of the Weakerthans, other than my brother. So D. suggested that I go talk to the gentleman in the Weakerthans t-shirt, as to not miss this opportunity.

I could only see his back. So I walked up to join their table. "Hi, ummm, I had to ask because of your . . . "

"You're Emily ___" said the man in the Weakerthans t-shirt. I'm sure there was this look of either horror or shock and awe. How did this man know my name? How did he know me? I looked at him carefully . . . still looking . . . sorta familiar . . .

"Kevin?" Turns out he is one of my brother J.'s friends from high school. He now lives in Berkley and therefore hangs out at the Berkley Front (because we are required to . . . living in Berkley and all). My brother is coming home next week, so I will probably see him then but how funny, that the guy I had to talk to because he was so cool (no one knows the Weakerthans) turns out to be someone I already know. Someone I've known since he was fourteen.

So much for me being anonymous or hard to recognize. Creepy.

No comments: