Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lost

Lost time: spent three hours on the phone after a two hour meeting

Lost things: graded a bunch of stuff and passed it back; can't find sheets I put the grades on

Lost health: my sinus cavities feel like they have spikes going through them; ironically it might be better to have spikes going through them . . . at least they might drain

Lost sleep: I ran at 8:30 tonight; bad. Won't be able to sleep.

Lost sanity: have two meetings tomorrow; and ninety introduction letters that I have put off evaluating, because they scare me

Lost trust: Somebody lied to me yesterday . . . and I knew they were lying

Lost things part II: lost my diamond today while mowing the lawn. Heard my mother's voice in my head the entire time I was looking for it . . . because I had been dumb and put it in my pocket. Found it in the dirt, next to the shed.

Lost money: Dropped 10 bucks on the ground at the gas station; recovered it quickly

Lost beliefs: I'd like to believe that people are intrinsically good . . . and that just because someone is an asshole to me, doesn't mean that I have to be an asshole too . . . but lordy, some people test that. Really would like to egg his house. Or spray paint it. But I won't. It disappoints me when people have no honor or integrity.

Not lost: I haven't lost a freakin' pound, despite running since July. My fingers are getting skinnier though (hence the ring in the pocket). Just what I wanted to be skinnier . . . my fingers. The plan is soooo working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost: to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery:

Except for sleep I think you've lost nothing! As far as the weight/running deal give it time. I'm sure you'll be quite surprised in a month. Plus you've gained a healthy hobby. And you seem to enjoy it. That's something isn't it.

Smile time is on your side.

~sms~

iamthanu said...

I didn't mean to sound like I was bitching . . . just working with a theme. Realized when I hadn't eaten at 10 pm, because I was still on the phone (for work) that I might be back in a cycle that I don't want to go back to . . . thus the lost time.

Yes, I have a pretty good life. And the running keeps me from punching anyone in the face (or egging their house) and therefore is better than if I was losing weight from the act.