Sunday, September 24, 2006

At Dinner

"So if you or Dave have any kids, I'm buying the Dingo Snack shirt for you to dress them in . . ."
"Dave already has a kid" says Z.
"Yes, he does . . . but you're too big to be a dingo snack."
"Maybe you could be a tiger snack."
"Or a lion snack."
"Or hey, I heard of this nine year old that was found inside an anaconda in the Amazon."
"Was he dead?" asks Z. (who is almost nine)
"No . . . he was just hanging out there, listenin' to his ipod."
"Kinda like being inside a whale. But a snake."

And my water then came out of my nose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's great to hear that the whole clan is getting amusement out of my kid's t-shirt! He wore the one that says "It seemed like a good idea at the time . . ." to school yesterday. Perhaps Z needs one of those? Slightly more age-appropriate.

And hey, what's going on with randoms being mean to you on your blog?? Don't be calling my girl mean names, fuckwads! I'll track you down if you don't knock it off. I'm really really short, but I wield a dangerously well-seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillet, don't you know . . .

xoxo,
E2

iamthanu said...

ummm . . . you just said "fuckwads" . . . which is so amusing, Ms. English Professor.

Loved that Z. called me out on the kids thing . . . "ummm, he has kids . . ." yep, he does, doesn't he?

His newest hobby is tree climbing. Something that I can get next to, finally.