Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Nice One

Tomorrow is going to be unpleasant.

I know that's not the right attitude. But tomorrow I may have to lie. And tomorrow I have to get up very early. And I don't do either of those things very well, especially not in conjunction. Tomorrow I will be "the nice one".

It's ridiculous that I'm the nice one. Even more ridiculous that I will be made fun of for being the nice one later on in the day. Ridiculous that my day will run from 7 a.m. (thus getting up at 5 a.m. or at least trying to) to 9:30 p.m. . . . Again.

My mother's birthday has been "rescheduled" as she will be out of town. I have dishes to do, laundry waiting, and floors to wash. And it might be nice if I mowed my lawn . . . maybe sanded those cabinet doors. I would like to have drawers sometime this year. Have to call and yell at Home Depot . . . haven't gotten the inspeector postcard yet, so I don't think he ever planned on getting a permit. Oh, and don't forget the papers to grade. So I'm relieved about the rescheduling.

I ran for 25 minutes tonight but had to do 15 and then 5 walking and then 10. Can't seem to get the whole thing without walking. Ate at 9:30, which isn't good, but better than not eating (what I felt like doing) because I would be ravenous at 3 a.m. Maybe if I go back to the eye candy plan and I can do the 25 all in one stretch. That's the problem . . . don't care about the eye candy and I need a carrot.

My mother spotted a guy with a faux hawk on television tonight. She was so proud that she knew what that hairstyle is called. "Looks about as dumb on him as it does on you . . ." Thanks Mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your mothers comment is called tough love.

Just saying...


~sms~

Anonymous said...

The only reason she was aware of the name, was that it was specifically made fun of during the so called "Comedy" on Fox.....

Anonymous said...

Lets be fair. Who really wants or needs to be familar with the faux hawk. It kind of, sort of, almost is like a Mohawk? Actually no its not!

As for her comment. Well... I'm sure she was just saying.

~sms~

iamthanu said...

Careful, sms, I think that is my father commenting on my mother . . . you don't want to get in the middle of any of that.

Anonymous said...

*(thanks for the heads up Muppet H, I owe yah)*

Comedy on Fox you say? Isn't that an oxymoron.

*(psst....Emily. Was that better?)*


~sms~