Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday

I ran into a former student at Starbucks today. Not really all that much of a problem, as I like the person. Actually, nice to see him and see that he is doing well. Told him that it was time to go to big boy school (he's at a community college currently, and not being challenged enough in my opinion). I read "Lord of the Flies", he did his math homework. It was weird, but okay. Weird to be a "real" person, in my boys' hoodie and Birkenstocks. Weird to be seen and talked to, in my territory. In a year or two I'll probably run into him at the Front.

I need to stop buying clothes simply because I can . . . almost bought a $100 pair of pants simply because they fit and I could wear them in pubic. Thank goodness they were too long. Bought two shirts instead. At Banana Republic. Someone take me out and shoot me. Just in the foot or something so I can't go to Somerset. Oh, and the new ipod nanos are out. The next running prize. I think I only need a 4 GB.

The vacuum is still sitting the in the middle of the living room. The plants still haven't been watered. I have to transfer all the school stuff, that I didn't touch this weekend, from truck to car. I feel like I haven't gotten anything done . . . but I fixed the laundry tub drain, did all my laundry, and mowed the lawn. And went for a short run. But I should probably use the vacuum. It's pretty, sitting there in all it's Dyson-ey glory, but it really needs to go back in the closet. And I've discovered, it's just getting started with me. Once I get over the starting, I'll clean the whole house, no problem.

No comments: